It’s February and I want to know if you are already off track? If so, you are not alone. I posed this question to the beautiful entrepreneur members of my professional community Fempreneur University and many of them admitted that they had already gotten off track.
Listen it’s easy to get off track especially if you are like me and you have a thousand things going on like work, running a business, kids, spouse, housing cleaning, you get the picture. I had to take some time this week and clean up my house and my office space so I could work better and get back on track as well.
So, if you have already fallen off track from reaching your goals, don’t worry because I have several tips to help you get back on track and doing better than before!
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: Chances are you are beating yourself up right now. If so, stop it. You are only human and you are allowed to get off track every now and then as long as you don’t stay off track.
- Start Now: Don’t wait until tomorrow, do something right now to get back on track even if it’s small. This will give you a sense of accomplishment which feels really good.
- Reset Your Goal: There is a good chance, since you’re already off track, that you will need to reset your goal. Don’t stress yourself out with trying to hit the original goal – just revamp it. It’s okay. Trust me, it’s not the end of the world. This will take a lot of stress off your back and allow you to still reach some amazing goals.
- Stay Consistent: The key to any goal is to stay consistent. Even small steps add up into big steps at the end of the day. When you stay consistent there is less of a chance for you to get off track in the future.
- Have fun: I know this might sound silly but it’s true. The more fun you have with reaching your goals the better you will enjoy your work and your life. A life well lived must include fun!
Take Away: Remember you are only human and it’s okay to start again.
Action Step: Which one of these tips do you feel is most useful to you? Share with me below why and how you plan to apply it to your life.